stay… just a little bit longer

I told Sydney that fall doesn’t start until the new shows come on television, and that it has absolutely nothing to do with the weather. It was a joke, but, i really do want to hold off on fall off for a little longer.  Yes…i can see the signs of fall all around me. The nights have been cooler, leaves have begun to change colour. The evenings come sooner. I can see all of this…and still.  Well, i just don’t want to look at it too hard.  I want to taste every last drop of summer sweetness.

I have this calendar that lists some of the holidays in New Zealand. I noticed that today is father’s day for the NZ dads. I wonder if they get a new wool sweater and a meat pie.

To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie –
True Poems flee.

~Emily Dickinson

8 Comments Add yours

1. Wayne says:

The cooler air has arrived, though the sun is still hot on our walking selves

1. davis says:

the same is going on here. we are hoping, as winemakers and vineyards do, that the rain will hold off until middle october.

2. steve says:

Picked the last of the red tomatoes for canning. Sometime in February, when the vacuum seal is opened, I will remember these last days of summer.

1. davis says:

as i read, i imagined winter, and i could hear the opening of the seal and smell the tomatoes, all ready to go into a sauce. and then i thought…oh, i must take a picture of this!

3. Glynn says:

The last gleamings of the summer sun
    filled with streaming memories
    sufficient to warm the heart
    and bring a smile

1. davis says:

this is beautiful…

4. Me too. Savoring the last few drops of August, I mean. Not the meat pie .

1. nancy says:

Like scraping the last bit of golden honey out of the jar…

Please, feel free to leave a message.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s